(2) It shall extend to the whole of Bangladesh and shall come into force at once.
Provisions of the Schedule to have the force of law
2. (1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law for the time being in force, the provisions set out in the Schedule to this Act, of the Convention on Declaration of Death of Missing Persons, adopted by the United Nations Conference on the Declaration of Death of Missing Persons, on the 6th Day of April, 1950, shall have the force of law in Bangladesh.
(2) The Government may by notification in the official Gazette amend the said Schedule in conformity with any amendments duly made in the provisions of the said Convention.
Powers to make declarations in respect of certain persons having disappeared subsequent to 1945
3. (1) Where in pursuance of any international agreement, convention or other instrument it is necessary or permissible to make a declaration of death in respect of persons having disappeared subsequent to 1945 under circumstances similar to those mentioned in provisions set out in the Schedule to this Act, the Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, declare that the said provisions or such of them as it may deem necessary or convenient for giving effect to the said agreement, convention or other instrument, shall apply with such adaptations as may be necessary to the persons specified in the notification, and thereupon the said provisions shall apply accordingly and notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law for the time being in force, shall in such application have the force of law in Bangladesh.
(2) The persons to be specified in the notification as aforesaid may be specified in such manner as the Government may think fit.
Power to make rules
4. The Government may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
Throughout this Act, the words “Bangladesh” and “Government” were substituted for the words “Pakistan” and “Central Government” respectively by section 3 and the Second Schedule of the Bangladesh Laws (Revision And Declaration) Act, 1973 (Act No. VIII of 1973)