Composition of a board of inquiry, etc.
5. (1) A board of inquiry shall consist of a president and such other persons and be convened in such manner, and the inquiry shall be conducted in accordance with such procedure, as may be prescribed by rules.
(2) The president of a board of inquiry shall, after the conclusion of the inquiry, submit to the authority convening the board the proceedings of the board along with its findings and recommendations.
(3) Upon the receipt of the proceedings of a board of inquiry submitted to him under sub-section (2), the commanding officer shall-
(a) if the inquiry relates to any matter which he is himself competent to dispose of, take the necessary action and forward a copy of the proceedings to the Chief of Staff, informing him of the action taken by him;
(b) if the inquiry relates to a matter which is not of the nature mentioned in clause (a), forward the proceedings together with his recommendations, to the Chief of Staff.
(4) Upon the receipt of the proceedings of a board of inquiry submitted to him under sub-section (2), or forwarded to him under clause (b) of sub-section (3), the Chief of Staff shall direct that the person to whom the proceedings relate be dealt with in the manner authorised by the service law.
(5) For the purpose of taking any action under the service law, the proceedings of a board of inquiry convened under this Ordinance may be acted upon as if they were proceedings of a board of inquiry or Court of inquiry assembled under such law.