Regulation of voluntary activity
3. (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, no person or organisation shall, save as provided in this Ordinance, undertake or carry on any voluntary activity without prior approval of the Government nor shall any person or organisation receive or operate, except with prior permission of the Government, any foreign donation for the purpose of undertaking or carrying on any voluntary activity.
(2) A person or organisation receiving or operating any foreign donation for the purpose of undertaking or carrying on any voluntary activity shall register himself or itself with such authority and in such manner as the Government may specify.
(3) Except in such cases as the Government may, by order in writing, exempt, all persons and organisations undertaking or carrying on voluntary activities with foreign donation, in whole or in part, shall submit to such authority and by such date as the Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, specify a declaration showing therein the foreign donation received by them, the source from which it has been received and the manner in which it has been utilised:
Provided that, in a case where the Government considers it necessary, it may, by order, require such declaration to be submitted at any time to be specified in the order.
(4) A person or organisation carrying on any voluntary activity immediately before the commencement of this Ordinance may continue so to carry on a voluntary activity for a period not exceeding six (6) months from such commencement unless the Government has, upon an application made in this behalf in such form and containing such particulars as the Government may direct, granted him or it a permission to continue so to undertake or carry on thereafter.
(5) Nothing in this section shall apply to an organisation established by or under any law or the authority of the Government.