Registration of film clubs
4. (1) A film club shall, before it commences its functions as such, make an application, in the prescribed form and on payment of prescribed fee, accompanied by a copy of its constitution, to the authority for its registration.
(2) A film club shall not be entitled to registration under this Act unless the constitution thereof provides for the following matters, namely:-
(a) the address of the head office of the club;
(b) the objects for which the club has been formed;
(c) the conditions of membership of the club;
(d) the conditions under which films shall be exhibited;
(e) the sources of income of the club;
(f) the custody of the fund of the club;
(g) the annual audit of the fund of the club and the manner of such audit.
(3) If the authority is satisfied that the film club has complied with all the requirements of sub-sections (1) and (2), it shall register the film club in the prescribed register and issue a certificate of registration in the prescribed form.
(4) If the authority finds that the film club has not complied with all the requirements of sub-sections (1) and (2), it shall, by an order in writing, reject the application.
(5) A film club in existence immediately before the commencement of this Act shall not continue to function as such for more than three months from the date of such commencement unless, within thirty days of such commencement, an application for its registration has been made under sub-section (1).
(6) If an application of an existing film club for registration is rejected, the club shall cease to function as such from the date on which the order of the authority rejecting the application is communicated to it.