Laws of Bangladesh

1The Divorce Act, 1869

( ACT NO. IV OF 1869 )

Chapter XI


Power to make such orders after decree or confirmation
44. The High Court Division, after a decree absolute for dissolution of marriage or a decree of nullity of marriage,
and the District Court, after a decree for dissolution of marriage or of nullity of marriage has been confirmed,
may, upon application by petition for the purpose, make from time to time all such orders and provision, with respect to the custody, maintenance and education of the minor children, the marriage of whose parents was the subject of the decree, or for placing such children under the protection of the said Court, as might have been made by such decree absolute or decree (as the case may be), or by such interim orders as aforesaid.

  • 1
    Throughout this Act, except otherwise provided, the words “Bangladesh”, “Government”, "High Court Division" and "Appellate Division" were substituted, for the words “Pakistan”, “Provincial Government” or “the said Government”, "High Courts" or "High Court" or "a High Court" and "Supreme Court" respectively by section 3 and 2nd Schedule of the Bangladesh Laws (Revision And Declaration) Act, 1973 (Act No. VIII of 1973).
Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs