2. In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-
(1) “the Bank” means [Bangladesh Bank].
[* * *]
(2) “Government security” means-
(a) a security, created and issued, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, by Government for the purpose of raising a public loan, and having one of the following forms, namely:-
(i) stock transferable by registration in the books of the Bank; or
(ii) a promissory note payable to order; or
(iii) a bearer bond payable to bearer; or
(iv) a form prescribed in this behalf, or notified by Government from time to time;
(b) any other security created and issued by Government in such form and for such of the purposes of this Act as may be prescribed;
(3) “prescribed” means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(4) “promissory note” includes a treasury bill.