Plans for erection of buildings under Ordinance XXVI of 1977 and Act LVI of 1974 to be submitted to the Chairman for sanction
77. (1) All plans for the erection of buildings approved under the provisions of the [Paurashava Ordinance, 1977
(XXVI of 1977), and the Dacca Municipal Corporation Act, 1974 (LVI of 1974),] shall be submitted to the Chairman for sanction.
(2) The Chairman may refuse the sanction if the purpose for which the proposed building is to be used is contrary to the provisions of section 73, or if the proposed elevation of the building is unsuitable for the locality or is likely to deteriorate the value of adjoining lands, or on any other reasonable grounds.
(3) If the Chairman refuses sanction under sub-section (2), he shall communicate the reasons for such refusal to the Corporation or Paurashava, and the Corporation or Paurashava shall then send a copy thereof to the owner of the site to which the plan relates.
(4) The owner of such site may, within a period of three months from the date of the Chairman's refusal, appeal to the Kartripakkha, and the Kartripakkha's decision thereon shall be final.
(5) The Corporation or Paurashava shall refuse to grant permission for erection of any structures which have not been sanctioned by the Chairman or the Kartripakkha under this section.
[(6) The Chairman or any other member or any officer of the Kartripakkha, from such date as the Government may, by notification, declare, shall be deemed to be only “authorised officers” within the meaning of clause (a) of section 2 of the Building Construction Act, 1952
(E. B. Act II of 1953), which Act shall be deemed to be modified to that extent, so far as it relates to the area within the jurisdiction of the Kartripakkha.]