IMPORT, MANUFACTURE, FORMULATION, REPACKING, SALE, DISTRIBUTION AND USE OF PESTICIDES
Application for registration of pesticide
5. (1) Any person intending to import, manufacture, formulate, [repack,] sell, offer for sale, hold in stock for sale or advertise any brand of a pesticide may apply to the Government for the registration of the brand under such name as he may indicate in the application.
(2) An application under sub-section (1) shall be in such form, be accompanied by such fee and contain such statements and information as may be prescribed.
(3) Where the person making an application under sub-section (1) is not domiciled in Bangladesh, the application shall, besides such person, be signed by his agent or representative in Bangladesh.
(4) Upon the receipt of an application under sub-section (1), the Government may register a brand of a pesticide by the name indicated in the application, if it is satisfied that-
(a) the brand is not such as would tend to deceive or mislead the purchaser with respect to the guarantee relating to the pesticide or its ingredients or the method of its preparation; or
(b) the guarantee relating to the pesticide or its ingredients is not the same as that of another registered brand or is not so similar thereto as to be likely to deceive; or
(c) it is effective for the purpose for which it is sold or represented to be effective; or
(d) it is not generally detrimental or injurious to vegetation, except weeds, or to human or animal health, even when applied according to directions.
(5) When it registers a brand of a pesticide on the application of any person, the Government shall grant to him a certificate of registration in such form as may be prescribed.