Tenure of office of other Ministers
58. (1) The office of a Minister other than the Prime Minister shall become vacant –
(a) if he resigns from office by placing his resignation in the hands of the Prime Minister for submission to the President;
(b) if he ceases to be a member of Parliament, but this shall not be applicable to a Minister chosen under the proviso to article 56(2);
(c) if the President, pursuant to the provisions of clause (2), so directs; or
(d) as provided in clause (4).
(2) The Prime Minister may at any time request a Minister to resign, and if such Minister fails to comply with the request, may advise the President to terminate the appointment of such Minister.
(3) Nothing in sub clauses (a), (b) and (d) of clause (1) shall disqualify a Minister for holding office during any period in which Parliament stands dissolved.
(4) If the Prime Minister resigns from or ceases to hold office each of the other Ministers shall be deemed also to have resigned from office but shall, subject to the provisions of this Chapter, continue to hold office until his successor has entered upon office.
(5) In this article “Minister” includes Minister of State and Deputy Minister.