28. (1) The University may include the Faculties of Arts, Science, Law, Commerce, Medicine, Education, Engineering and may divide or combine existing Faculties and create new Faculties in such manner as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) Each Faculty shall, subject to the control of the Academic Council have charge of the teaching and the courses of study and research work in such subject as may be assigned to such Faculty by the University Ordinances.
(3) There shall be a Dean of each Faculty who shall be responsible for the due observance of the Statutes, University Ordinances and Regulations relating to the Faculty and he shall receive in respect of his duties as Dean such additional remuneration, if any, as may be fixed by the Syndicate.
(4) The Dean of each Faculty shall be elected from among the Professors and Associate Professors by all teachers of the Departments belonging to the Faculty and shall hold office for two years.
(5) The constitution, powers and functions of Faculties shall be prescribed by the Statutes and the University Ordinances.