Institution of Awards
5. (1) The Board shall institute one or more national awards to be called the National Agriculture Award.
(2) The Award shall be made annually and shall carry a citation and such amount in cash as may be determined by the Board from time to time.
(3) The cash amount of the Award shall be paid out of the moneys of the Fund.
[(4) The Award may be granted to any person or organisation including a co-operative society who or which has-
(a) achieved high productivity in agriculture or whose research or invention is beneficial to the cause of agriculture or who or which shows new direction for the development of agriculture in Bangladesh or published any book or article of immense value for the cause of agriculture development in Bangladesh;
(b) played an important role or contributed to the preservation of environment and to the invention of new technology for the preservation of environment or to the protection of public life from environmental pollution;
(c) contributed to the invention of different technologies in agricultural development through bio-tech, hybrid seeds, tissue culture, environment friendly and sustainable agriculture system, etc.]
(5) In any year the Award may be divided between two or among more persons or organisations if, in the opinion of the Board, all such persons or organisations are eligible for the Award.
(6) If, in the opinion of the Board, there is no suitable person or organisation for the Award in any year, the Board may withhold the Award for that year.