Standard of weights and measures
8. (1) The units of weights and measures referred to in sections 4 and 6 and the secondary units of measures declared under section 7 shall be the standard of weights and measures.
(2) The weight at any place of the primary unit of mass referred to in sub section (3) (a) of section 4 shall be the standard unit of weight at that place.
(3) No weight, measure or numeral, other than the standard weight, measure or numeral, shall be a standard weight, measure or numeral.
(4) No weight or measure shall be made or manufactured unless it conforms to the standards of weight or measure established by or under this Ordinance:
Provided that the Government may permit the making or manufacturing of any weight or measure which does not conform to the standards established by or under this Ordinance, if such weight or measure is made or manufactured exclusively for the purpose of export and is made or manufactured under such conditions and restrictions as may be laid down by the Government.
(5) No weight, measure or other goods shall bear thereon any inscription or indication of weight, measure or number except in accordance with the standard unit of such weight measure or numeration established by or under this Ordinance:
Provided that in relation to any weight, measure or other goods which are exported, inscription or indication thereon of any weight, measure or number may also be made in accordance with any other system of weight, measure or numeration if such inscription or indication is demanded by the person to whom the export is to be made.