Accounts and audit
9. (1) The Council shall maintain regular accounts of all moneys received and expended by it.
(2) The accounts shall be audited every year by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of Bangladesh, hereinafter in this section referred to as the Auditor-General, in such manner as he deems fit.
(3) For the purpose of an audit under sub-section (2), the Auditor-General or any person authorised by him in this behalf shall have access to all records, books, documents, cash, securities and other properties of the Council and may examine the President or any member officer or employee of the Council.
(4) The Auditor-General shall, as soon as possible after the completion of the audit, send to the Council his audit report and the Council shall forward it, with its comments thereon, to the Government.
(5) The Council shall take steps forthwith to remedy any defects or irregularities pointed out in the audit report.