Supply of seamen, etc.
105. (1) A person shall not engage or supply, or employ for the purpose of engaging or supplying, a seaman, to be entered on board any ship in Bangladesh unless that person is the owner or master or mate of the ship, or is bona fide the servant and in the constant employment of the owner, or is a Shipping Master.
(2) A person shall not receive or accept to be entered on board any ship any seaman if that person knows that the seaman has been engaged or supplied in contravention of sub section (1).
(3) If a person contravenes the provisions of sub section (1) or sub section (2), he shall, for each offence, be punishable with fine which may extend to ten thousand Taka.
(4) An agent for recruiting seamen, acting on behalf of owners of foreign ships, shall not recruit or attempt to recruit any seaman unless he is duly licensed by the Government and no such recruitment shall be carried out except with the concurrence of the Shipping Master.
(5) If a person contravenes the provisions of sub section (4), he shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to six months, or with fine not exceeding ten thousand Taka, or with both.