Delimitation of wards
20. (1) The wards shall be delimited having regard to territorial unity and, so far as practicable, to distribution of population.
(2) The delimitation officer may, for the purpose of delimiting the wards, make such enquiries and examine such records as he may deem necessary and consider such representations as may be received by him, and shall publish in the prescribed manner a preliminary list of wards specifying the areas proposed to be included in each such ward together with a notice inviting objections or suggestions within a prescribed period.
(3) The objection or suggestion, if any, received under sub-section (2) shall be disposed of in such manner as may be prescribed.
(4) The delimitation officer shall make such amendments, alterations or modifications in the preliminary list published under sub-section (2) as may be required by any decision on any objection or suggestion and may also make such other amendments, alterations or modifications in the said list as may be necessary for correcting any error or omission.
(5) After making amendments, alterations or modifications, if any, under sub-section (4), the delimitation officer shall publish in the prescribed manner the final list of wards specifying the areas included in each such ward.