An Ordinance to give effect to certain recommendations of the Commission on Marriage and Family Laws.
WHEREAS it is expedient to give effect to certain recommendations of the Commission on Marriage and Family Laws;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the seventh day of October, 1958, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent, application and commencement
3. Ordinance to override other Laws, etc.
5. Registration of marriages
8. Dissolution of marriage otherwise than by talaq
11. Power to make rules
11A.Place of trial
12. Amendment of Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929 (XIX of 1929)
13. Amendment of the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939 (VIII of 1939)