THE ALLOPATHIC SYSTEM (PREVENTION OF MISUSE) ORDINANCE (ORDINANCE NO. LXV OF 1962).
An Ordinance to prevent the misuse of the allopathic system of medicine and to provide for matters connected therewith. 1
WHEREAS it is expedient to prevent the misuse of the allopathic system of medicine and to provide for matters connected therewith;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the seventh day of October, 1958, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement
3. Prohibition of the use of the word “doctor” and its variations, etc.
4. Prohibition of the use of medical degrees or diplomas
5. Prohibition of performing surgical operations by unqualified persons
6. Prohibition for prescribing certain drugs
7. Restriction on the sale of patent and proprietory medicines