An Ordinance to control manufacture, import, distribution and sale of drugs.
WHEREAS it is expedient to control manufacture, import, distribution and sale of drugs;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the 24th March, 1982, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Martial Law Administrator is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title
2. Application of other Laws, etc.
4. Drug Control Committee
5. Registration of Medicines
6. Cancellation or suspension of registration
7. Fees for registration
8. Prohibition of Manufacture, etc., of certain medicines
9. Restriction on import of certain pharmaceutical raw material
10. Manufacture of drugs under licensing agreement etc.
11. Fixation of price of drugs
12. Review of certain licensing agreement with foreign concerns
13. Employment of [Pharmacists, etc.]
14. Control of advertisement and claims in respect of drugs
14A. Prescription of unregistered medicine prohibited
15. Good practices in the manufacture and quality control of drugs
16. Penalty for manufacture, etc., of certain drugs
17. Penalty for manufacture, [stock or sale] of sub-standard drugs
18. Penalty for unauthorised import of drugs
19. Penalty for sale of medicine or import or sale of pharmaceutical raw material at a higher price