THE BANGLADESH UNANI AND AYURVEDIC PRACTITIONERS ORDINANCE, 1983
(ORDINANCE NO. XXXII OF 1983).
An Ordinance to provide for the regulation of the qualifications and registration of practitioners of Unani and Ayurvedic systems of medicine.
WHEREAS it is expedient to provide for the regulation of the qualifications and registration of practitioners of Unani and Ayurvedic systems of medicine and for matters connected therewith;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the 24th March, 1982, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Martial Law Administrator is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title
3. Establishment and incorporation of the Board
CHAPTER II CONSTITUTION AND FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD
4. Composition of the Board
6. Publication of names, etc.
7. Term of office of members
8. Vacancies not to invalidate proceedings of the Board
9. Resignation from membership
10. Declaration of vacancies
11. Disqualification of members
12. Control over the Board
13. Functions of the Board
14. Meetings of the Board
15. Officers of the Board and their terms and conditions of service
CHAPTER III TEACHING INSTITUTIONS AND EXAMINATIONS
16. Recognition of institutions
17. Maintenance of standard of efficiency
18. Withdrawal of recognition
19. Duration of courses
20. Qualifications for admission to institutions
21. Qualifying examination
22. Registration how made
23. Registration of Unani and Ayurvedic practitioners in Category A
24. Registration of Unani and Ayurvedic practitioners in Category B
25. Removal from register, etc.
26. Cancellation or alteration of entries in register, etc.
CHAPTER IV POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE REGISTRAR
27. Maintenance of register
28. Publication of list
CHAPTER V RIGHTS, DUTIES AND LIABILITIES OF REGISTERED PRACTITIONERS
29. Intimation of change of address
30. Privileges of registered practitioners
CHAPTER VI OFFENCES, PENALTY AND PROCEDURE
31. Offences and Penalties
32. Persons not registered under Ordinance not to practise, etc.
33. Colourable imitation of degrees
34. Prohibition against use of title, description, etc.